- Why bring your own photo/video vendors to your destination wedding? -
There are a few reasons, but the main one is - Language Barrier. Communication with the vendors that are in charge of your ONLY visual memories from your Destination Wedding Week AND your Big Day is the most important part. For them to understand your vision and for you to get a clear explanation of the terms, conditions, tips and all the details that will make your destination wedding an unforgettable experience. Another reason is based on the simple fact that most resort photographers are shooting 2-5 weddings EVERY DAY... if you think they will be able to remember you after you're back home, for any additional services or products, you're mistaken. For them you're just another client ID number in their endless catalog of clients... Fun fact - RESORTS NEVER USE THEIR OWN STUDIOS/PHOTOGRAPHERS FOR THEIR COMMERCIAL/ADS... Let that sink in.
- Comparing "apples to apples" - 9 things to check off when talking to the resort photographer. - (NOTE: ALL those are INCLUDED in our Destination Wedding Package fees)
1.GEAR - We use professional, full frame camera bodies, with prime lenses. ✓
2.BACKUP GEAR - As a rule of thumb, we travel with 100% backup gear to ANY photography project. ✓
3.BEFORE your Big Day (locations scouting) - we love to take our time and scout for nice photography locations. Chances are you will have images with backdrops that are different from what resort photographers will show you, simply because they do the same poses at the same locations for all their clients. There's nothing like a pair of fresh and creative eyes, to scout those locations for your creative photos after the ceremony... ✓
4. BEFORE your Big Day (details photos) - photos of the rings, gifts and everything along the lines of "details", might take 1-2 hours on the day-of, so - we usually do all those before your wedding day. That way, we have more time to focus on your Getting Ready part. ✓
5. BEFORE your Big Day (fun & romantic photo session on the beach) - not only will you have additional set of images from your wedding vacation, but this is also another opportunity to get comfortable in front on the camera before your Big Day. ✓
6. The Wedding Day - starting from the "getting ready" and all the way into the night - you get the full day photo coverage of your festivities. ✓
7. AFTER your Big Day - we offer the fun, creative and trendy "Trash The Dress" photo session. (does not have to be with your original wedding dress. We will explain everything when the time comes). ✓
8. Let's not forget your family and guests!! - During the week , before or after your Big Day, we will be offering a COMPLIMENTARY photo session for your family members and 60% off for your others guests. (up to 1 hour sessions, with collections of 15-20 high res edits). ✓
9. Your Destination Wedding Album... - nothing preserves the highlights and memories from your Destination Wedding, like a modern wedding album, with an acrylic cover. Yes, this one is also included in your photo-package. (10"x10" albums with 10 spreads, featuring the highlights from your wedding and vacation week). ✓
- Should you "hire" a photographer offering "free" services, in return of their "vacation" cost coverage? -
(Well, two things to consider, as at the end of the day - yes, it's your money, but it's also your Destination Wedding, that cannot be re-done and you might want to have a reliable, experienced and professional photographer for that matter).
A - in most of the cases, the only way those photographers might get a destination wedding is if they will offer it for free... They KNOW that if they will charge actual fee for their WORK, they won't be able to book any clients. You should ask yourself why is that. I'd be very careful with hiring a wedding photographer who does not VALUE his/her WORK enough to charge for it.
B - if the "free" photographer is able to "check" ALL 9 points mentioned above, by all means hire him/her ASAP
- How to deal with "vendor's fee", charged by the resorts? -
All inclusive resorts have realized that more and more wedding clients are bringing their own photographers (for obvious reasons) and it's "bad for business". So, they decided to "fine" the couples with "outside vendor fee", that's supposed to force them to use the resort vendors. Those go for about $500-$1000 per vendor and depend on the resort. Some experienced Destination Wedding Planners / Travel Agents have great connections with different resorts and by working with one like that might help to get those "fines" reduced or even cancelled... (Side note - there's NO COST to the couple, when working with an established, experienced and professional Travel Agent). If that fee is not cancelled - I can guarantee that it's still worth your money to bring your personal photographer with you. You will never regret it.
For any questions, concerns and tips - do not hesitate to Contact Me. I love helping, regardless of who you will be booking.